Monday, October 1, 2018

Florence and the Machine after the hurricane

Last September 17 I was with my spouse and our two year-old daughter buying the latest Florence and the Machine album "High as Hope" in a barnes&noble on the outskirts of Atlanta. I was planning this purchase on my US trip from Chile, since I really enjoy Florence Welch's music and her Ceremonials songs helped me overcome a bout of depression four years ago.

Later I had to leave my family and travel to DC for a work conference and the flight suffered some slight turbulence from the tail of hurricane Florence. Fortunately, DC only suffered from some mild wind and a heavy rain shower, not much else. Then it occurred to me that perhaps they should avoid giving names of people to natural disasters. Perhaps giving some scientific names or numbers would be more appropriate?

Upon returning to Chile I took a picture of my Florence and the Machine albums. My collection is missing the Lungs first album and the book "Useless Magic" which I just ordered. I also include my ticket for her concert in Lollapalooza Chile on the 20th March, 2016. It was a memorable date. My parents in-law arrived that same day for the first time in Chile and my baby daughter was born just two weeks afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment